My dad loves bee sting cakes… I went looking for a simple recipe so that I could make him some for a surprise. However, they are not simple things to make…
This recipe for Bee Sting cupcakes came up somewhere during my search. It uses basically the same ingredients as the traditional cake, just put together in an easy way… they are equally delicious as well 🙂
What you need…
- 115 grams butter, softened
- 115 grams castor sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 7 tablespoons of honey, plus an extra half cup to drizzle on cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 300ml whipping cream
- 3/4 cup flaked almonds
What you do…
- Preheat oven to 200c; grease a muffin tin with butter
- Use an electric beater to beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk… then slowly add the 7 tablespoons of honey – beating it in well
- Sift in flour and baking soda, then stir well
- Add enough milk to make a dropping consistency
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, and then fold into mixture
- Spoon the mixture into muffin tin
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden… when cooked take out of oven, and leave in tin for 5minutes, then cool on rack
- Whisk cream until stiff but not dry.
- Cut each muffin in half… place cream inbetween both halves.
- Drizzle honey on inside and on top, then place almonds on top of each
And you done… this recipe makes around 18 muffins. ENJOY!