I find many recipes for Banana Cake are gluggy and far too moist…. however this recipe I found is perfection.
It is great for using up the bananas that have become too ripe and too brown to eat.
What You Need…
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 3 small Bananas
- 1 teaspoon Bi-carbonate Soda
- 50ml Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
What You Do…
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence
- Add eggs separartely, beating in well
- Mash Bananas, and then add to mixture
- Dissolve the bicarbonate soda in the milk
- The add flour and milk gradually to mixture, stirring well
- Bake in either 2 small greased tins, or 1 large tin… at 180°C for 35minutes or until cooked.
I usually serve this cake buttered, but you don’t have to do this.
REMEMBER: you can always slice these over ripe bananas, place in a zip-lock bag, and freeze to use in smoothies and cakes later on. Just defrost the slices before using in cake recipes.