I have been wanting to have a go at fried rice for ages, so here it is!
3 cups of rice
1 tin corn
1 tin kidney beans
6 Sanitarium sausages
1 small – medium broccoli
Chicken stock powder
1) Place 3 cups of rice into boiling water and 2 teaspoons of stock powder, allow to boil for another 2 minutes the cover and allow to finish cooking. Strain when just soft, place in fridge. You want to cook the rice the night before or a least the morning of the day you want the rice for dinner.
2) Finely chop onion and caramelize with butter in a wok begin adding other vegetables in order of the time they need to cook. Carrot, broccoli, beans, corn, peas etc.. This is a recipe that you can alter to use what you already have or what you like!
3) In a separate pan fry the eggs.
4) Add the eggs and rice to the veggies, gentle mix so you don’t turn the rice to mash
5) Keep gently mixing and allow the rice to heat.
6) Season with herbs, salt, pepper, stock powder and a small amount of soy sauce.