1) Clean fruit and chop to equal sizes
2) Place fruit in a pan and add 4 cups of fruit to 1/2 cup of water.
3) Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook at a low heat for 10-15 mins, or until the fruit is soft and cooked through.
4) Add sugar to taste, will vary on what fruit is used and how sweet it is.
5) Continue to simmer until all sugar is dissolved.
7) Blend or bamix fruit till it is smooth.
8) If using a dehydrator place on dehydrator trays at about 1/4 inch thick and set dehydrator to fruit leather setting (or 140c), will take approximately 6-8hours to dry
9) If using oven line tray with microwave safe cling wrap, pour in fruit mix 1/4 inch thick and place in a preheated over at 140C. WARNING – Keep the cling wrap away from the oven shelves and sides! Be careful the cling wrap does not fold back over onto the fruit. Will take approximately 8-12 hours.
10) To tell if the leather is dry enough it will be dry to touch and not leave a finger indent. Check the middle as dried from the outside in!
11) Store wrapped in cling wrap and in air tight containers.
* Best fruit to use