100g butter, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon coconut essence
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon white sugar
60g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar mixture
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 18 holes of two 12-hole, 30ml-capacity mini muffin pans.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, caster sugar and coconut essence in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add egg and beat to combine. Combine flour and coconut in a bowl. Stir into butter mixture alternately with the milk. Mix until just combined. Divide mixture between muffin holes.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into one cake comes out clean. Stand cakes in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Make icing: Using an electric mixer, beat butter, icing sugar and milk in a bowl until light and fluffy. Spread over cake tops.
- Place white sugar and 1 to 2 drops of food colouring in a small plastic bag. Rub bag between hands until sugar turns pink. Sprinkle sugar mixture over cakes. Serve.