This was my first attempt at making a crumble, and this one was simply amazing!!!
Whatever fruit you desire! Tinned or Fresh, see below for details for fresh fruit.
1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup coconut
1 tablespoon cinnamon (ground)
2 teaspoons nutmeg (ground)
2/3 cup butter (melted)
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1) Combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl until evenly mixed through.
2) Melt butter (do not burn or boil it) and add vanilla essence to butter, stir through.
3) Add butter mix to dry ingredients and mix well using a fork. Ensure all ingredients are moist and mixture has a crumbly texture.
4) Place fruit mix evenly in medium casserole dish. Spread crumble mix over top of apple. Bake at 180 degrees C for 30-40minutes, or until crumble topping is slightly browned.
5) Serve with vanilla ice cream, cream, or custard and ENJOY!
If you are using fresh fruit some it will need more preparation!
Apples & Pear:
1) Place in large saucepan and cover with water. Simmer (but don’t boil) covered with lid on med-high until just tender but not too soft (usually 5mins once water is simmering). Drain well and place in large bowl
2) Combine caster sugar (1/4 cup) and cinnamon (1 teaspoon) (ensures even spread), then toss through the apples. If you like the apples to be less sweet and more tart you can omit the sugar in this step, though there may be excess juice as a result.
1) Place rhubarb (10 Stalks) and caster sugar (75 grams) in a saucepan over medium low heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.