1 Cup Brown Rice
2 Large Tomatoes
1 Red Capsicum
1 Green Capsicum
1/4 cup plain flour
1 cup milk
1 egg lightly beaten
1) Melt Butter and cook onion until golden. Add rice mix well and gradual add boiling water waiting for the water to be absorbed before adding more. Cook until rice is soft and all the water is absorbed and its sticky.
2) Add egg and season to taste, press into 28cm x 18cm tray.
1) Melt butter, cook onion.
2) Add rest of vegetables and slightly cook and season to taste.
3) Spread over rice base
1) In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
2) Add stock and blend flour into the melted butter.
3) Cook over low heat, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes. Cooking for this length of time will minimize ‘flour’ taste.
4) Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
5) Continue cooking slowly until smooth and thickened.
6) Stir in a cup of cheese and add beaten egg and seasons to taste
7) Spread over rice and vegetables, sprinkle with cheese and bake in moderate (180C) oven for 50 minutes or until golden.
Note: If doubling recipe only times the rice by 1.5 not 2.