I’m sorry I have been gone for such a long time… but I promise, this is just the start of many delicious posts 🙂
What you need… For the Batter.
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sparkling mineral water
2 tablespoons melted butter
butter, for frying
What you need… For the Filling.
1 tablespoon butter
450 grams fresh spinach, rinsed
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup pine nuts
cherry tomatoes, to garnish
What to do…
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. To make the batter, beat together all the ingredients and rest for 20 minutes. If batter is too thick, add a little water.
3. Heat a little butter in a skillet or frying pan, and make between 8-12 thin pancakes from the batter, set aside and keep warm.
4. To make the filling, melt the butter in a clean pan and fry the spinach and garlic until the spinach has wilted.
5. Divide the spinach between the pancakes, top with cheese and fold the pancakes into quarters
6. Place the pancakes on a baking tray lined with baking paper, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
7. Arrange the pancakes on a warmed plate and serve with cherry tomatoes.
(Many other ingredients can be used to fill the pancakes, such as tomato, asparagus, or mushrooms)